Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Weather Most Fowl

It is well past Winter Solstice here in the Northern Hemisphere and today it was 70° F!   It is not right and though no one can put a finger on it, all know it does not bode well.  Owls jumped back and forth between perches in the Owlery; a rank odor rolled through the halls downwind of the first year's potions class; and my robes are hot and scratchy.  So I called Mum and she called the Head Mistress and she called the Prefect and I got permission to go into town for the afternoon!

Ran into Bella Shackleford at Madam Malkin's.  I was looking at the Whopperwear temperature-adjusting robe and she was there with her dad.  Bella and I picked out robes.  Then Mr. Shackleford went over to Flourish & Blotts to pick up Bellas books, we darted over to Scribbulus Everchanging Inks to pick up quills, ink and parchment.

We stopped in Beanswallows and had a Broomaide 2000 sports drink.  This weather is so unseasonable... and concerning.

No comments: