Monday, January 7, 2008

Keeping out the draft

Was late getting back to the the Tower last evening.  My muggle friend Neville has been knitting on a scarf and naturally, when we knit together I use the muggle method.  A lot of witches turn up their nose at this slow and inefficient technique.  Truth be told, I like the feel of wool through my fingers and find it very satisfying.  This morning everyone's abuzz about Minerva's new wooly socks!  Ravenclaw Tower is cold and drafty, so fingerless gloves, slippers and cowls come in quite handy.

Before I came to school, I made these "artist's gloves".  They take a precious little yarn and are perfect to indulge in luxury fibers like the natural silk and cashmere blend I used.

4 comments:

Emma Wigworthy said...

Oh, they're gorgeous. You should call them 'unicorn', they shimmer so beautifully.

Esme said...

They do actually shine/shimmer in real life. Must have some down of unicorn spun in with the silk!

Jade Bladvak said...

Those are just what I need! I wrote yesterday about how cold the dungeon is...those would be perfect for Potions class!

Cliodna Trelawney said...

Those are lovely. The look so soft and luxurious. I'll have to keep my eye out for some yarn like that.