Friday, January 4, 2008

Tired and Happy at Hogwarts

This year is going to be the best! I made my first friend at Hogwart’s.

Last night I meet the coolest girl in the Ravenclaw Common Room. Her name is Lavender and she’s a first year too. It had been a really long day and I was just hanging out by the fireplace doing a little knitting and a lot of fire gazing when she came over to ask about the knitting. Come to find out, she had needles and yarn in her trunk.  Lavender had been knitting in her room but agreed it would be nice to stretch out by the fire with a cup of tea and have some company.

Lavender said she heard from her cousin Petunia that Hagrid saves and spins the hair that comes off that big drooling dog of his, Fluffy. Wonder what he does with the yarn? Who would want a big, scratchy dog hair jumper?

Classes are a LOT harder than I thought. The reading list for this term is OUTRAGEOUS. To keep my grades up there won’t be time to do anything fun. Hey I just got an idea, maybe we could spell our textbooks to read our lessons aloud while we knit!

I’m going home on weekends to help at the Coffeehouse and if we can get permission, Lavender’s going to come over some weekend. She seems a clever sort and has done a fair bit of traveling; I think she might have family that lives really far away.

So with new friends, lots of school work and weekends at home I’ve got to juggle.

Oh,yeah. I passed Helga in the Great Hall and we grumbled at each other. If she leaves me alone, I’ll leave her alone. If I can just get through this first term without getting thrown out...

PS  Her ears look just fine.....

2 comments:

Neila said...

Before anyone leaves Hogwarts for the weekend, please check with me, your prefect. I'll have to make sure that all homework is finished and House duties assigned.

Jade Bladvak said...

That sounds like a good time! I should bring my knitting out to the common room one day after I finish my homework!
~Olive B.