Friday, January 18, 2008

Preferences and praddle

What a busy week it has been!  Homework and finishing up a few projects that had been promised prior to the swap have taken every available minute.  Dropped by the Ravenclaw Common Room on Wednesday to check in with the housemates and had a great time.  Much eating, drinking, and swapping of yarns (yuk, yuk).

Just in case my buddy has been wondering, thought I'd say a bit about myself.  Although my physical body has continued to age, my internal age is about 35, I'd say.  I tend toward the unique and generally poo-poo following the crowd or current trends.  Several generations ago my folks raised flax for linen and I am predisposed toward natural fibers be they animal or plant.

And I love containers, vessels of all sorts.  Boxes, bags, bowls - all delight me.  One caution: I am a women of some - ummm - substance.  If a bag is meant to be worn on the body, best the straps be long to accommodate my girth.

I have knitted several pairs of socks, but would not call myself a sock knitter.  I still depend on patterns and written directions.  And that extra voluptuousness make ankle socks a better bet than knee high (although I'd really like to be wearing thigh high stockings!)  My feet spend lots of time in Birkenstocks so I can really show off some socks.

What fun the post swap pics will be!  I'm a bit of an overachiever and hope to make my spoilee fairly swoon with delight.

No comments: