Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Yes, about a size 9W. Length: 9.25 inches Around: 9-9.25
Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? Both
Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? Worm binder, really.
Do you collect anything? Does dust count? Not really, although I do have hundreds of cookbooks.
What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready?
No favorite kind of music and I own an iPod
Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
Yes, although I'm trying to keep it to dark chocolate these days.
What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children?
Live with a friend. No pets. No children.
Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal. I will set up an Etsy wish list and update this post when I do.
Favorite Harry Potter movie character? Don't have one.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
c. Emmeline Vance
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
b. A duck
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
b. Eileen Prince
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Rav ID: CarmaFrancie
I am allergic to: nothing (maybe the metal nickel)
Pets that I have: none currently
My favorite yarn: Really? The one I just discovered - whatever that happens to be.
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors?
I was before I realized that yes, in fact, I am the center of the universe and went Slytherin.
My favorite flavor: too hard to call. Good coffee, dark chocolate, grapefruit (citrus in general), ginger and clove.
My favorite holiday: Thanksgiving
I would like to receive a scarf kit, I think, but am open to bag.
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: I really have all the knitting needles I need, but would love to get more Addi crochet hooks. The only one I have is 5,5 (US I) BTW, the scarf does not need to be a crochet pattern.
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: See above.
I’ve participated in HSKS: this is #3
Do you have a birthday during this swap? No
Saturday, September 13, 2008
2. How long have you been at your craft?
Crochet since childhood (and I'm NOT being more specific). Knitting for about 3 years.
3. Do you spin?
I have a Turkish drop spindle, but have not learned how to use it!
4. What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)?
5. Are there any other crafts that you participate in? The only thing I can think of that I haven't done is tatting. Quilting, sewing, and textile design/dyeing are probably my strongest craftastic skills.
6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
Wool, bamboo, linen and hemp.
7. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
Acrylics and wools that are very course and fuzzy.
8. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? Not that I can think of.
9. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? bags and small accessories like mittens, scarves and hats.
10. What are you currently working on?
I still need to finish lining my Doctor's Bag. Just ordered yarn to start the Cambridge Jacket for a Christmas present.
11. Anything you plan to start this autumn?
Afore mentioned jacket. Lots of presents and swap related stuff.
12. What is your favorite Finished Object? The Jughead Hat I made for a friend. Not because it was the fanciest or best yarn, but because it was so perfectly him and he loved it.
13. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? Two hand stranded knitting.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Your result for The Harry Potter Husband Test...
Mrs. Bill Weasley
Your perfect HP man is Bill Weasley.
You like guys who are cool. And not cool in that fake, dicky way, but actually cool. He's so cool that they couldn't find any actor to adequately portray him, so they decided to just leave him out of the movies rather than risk not doing justice to his coolness. He's like the Chuck Norris of Harry Potter: plain freaking awesome. When Voldemort says "You-Know-Who", he's talking about Bill Weasley.
(Fanarty by The Starhorse http://the-starhorse.deviantart.com/ Used with permission.)
What a loverly surprise I received today. Two packages swooped into the Cafe late this afternoon and one of them was this beautious hank of yarn I won for the kit I assembled for HSKS5. A sweet treat and very lovely card accompanied. What was in the other package? Well that's a surprise for someone at Hogwarts, so I'm not tellin'.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
I've been thinking a bit about my, as yet unassigned, swap partner. The last two swaps I've had a Ravenclaw. This time I'm hoping for a 'Puff. It would bee fun to sting someone with little surprises and set them buzzing.......