Saturday, January 5, 2008

Unexpected visitors

Just wanted to check in.  I was up and in the kitchen this morning by 5:30 am.  Ottis our free house-elf, and I made scones, cookies and started a big pot of soup all by 9:00 o'clock!  Beanswallows has a "no food by magic" policy.  Mom says the magic is the love we stir in by hand.  And folks do line up!  Fortunately, she has no problem with a little dishwashing charm.  My foundling brother, Yohan and his Lady Megalinda came into Hogsmead for a little shopping and sightseeing.  Ottis covered for me while Meg and I ducked out to our local yarn store.  She bought a couple of lovely hanks while I chatted with some of the sit-n-knit regulars.

Mrs Giggory and Grompton stopped by for some mulled cider and cockroach clusters.  That little small fry was so cute with chocolate smeared across his face.  Megalinda keep slipping him sweets every time Mrs. Greggory left the room - he will probably we awake half the night.

Beanswallows is closed on Sunday, so hopefully tomorrow my scarf will grow by a couple of strips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Esmerelda! My name is Serafina and I'm a new Ravenclaw too! It's nice to meet you - maybe we can sit together in class sometime?