Friday, July 25, 2008

I Customized A Harmony #10

So I just went all MacGyver on a Harmony #10 and am thrilled with the results. I’m finishing up the Doctor’s Bag from Knit2Together (of the "Seeking Public Accountability" thread). All the seams are finished by picking up around the pieces then grafted. It makes a really nice finished edge, but it means picking up a couple hundred stitches (and it is knit double-strand). So I’m picking up with a crochet hook and transfering the stitches off the back end of the crochet hook to a KP Harmony needle - one needle on a cable with a “stop” on the other end. And I think, “an interchangeable crochet hook end would be so cool.” Then I pull out the Dremel tool and ……
























































For which I was awarded a Level Three MacGyver Knitting Scout badge by fellow Ravalier Telcontar.

2 comments:

Lavender Diggory said...

LOVE those hooks!! Thanks for getting the logo up and having it linked correctly! A+ for this week!!

YogaKnot said...

LOL OMG I love you. You are too funny and innovative! Thank you so much for the RAOK!

Minerva Wood :)