Sunday, May 25, 2008

My First Scarf



So my friend muggle friend Neville and I are going to learn how to knit, right? So we go to the LYS and I buy a lovely skein of Manos, a ball of black mohair and a bee-u-tiful pair of Lantern Moon US #17 needles. Before I had gotten 8 inches, Neville was finished! So I took what remained of his primarily red Manos and incorporated it into my scarf as a stripe! I knew I wanted a long scarf...... Well, I ran out of the black Manos and got another ball. THEN I ran out of the mohair and got another ball. THEN I ran out of Manos AGAIN! Got another ball. Notice a pattern? Same problem with cheese and crackers! Anyway, I got my long scarf (better than ten feet!) - and here are pictures to prove it!

3 comments:

Emma Gorodok said...

lovely first scarf

Quinn said...

Lol, that is a LONG scarf.
Happy Birthday to you! When and where is the party?

Emma Gorodok said...

congrats, Esmeralda, you won a copy of my pattern. As soon as you send me an email to handarbeitskram(at)online.de I will email you the pattern