Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Week That Was

It has been a most trying week around here.  A dear friend, somewhat of a local celebrity, has been unjustly terminated from his employment.  The community is in an uproar, and as a result of our friendship, many are coming to me for "the scoop".  So much emotion, so much very touching concern.  I'm a bit on edge....

And did I mention I quit smoking this week?  Yep, today is day 6.  Will be stopping by Honeydukes for some snapping gum and fruit drops.  

And what with all the money I'll be saving, maybe some yarn from the new shop in town!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Esmerelda,

Congratulations on kicking the habit! I've tried many times, to no avail, but it is always encouraging to hear someone else meet with success. Did you use the new potion called Chantix? I tried, but it made me very ill. I know this is difficult, but I'll be pulling for you!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I quit about 6 months ago... as soon as I found out I was pregnant... And I went cold turkey too. Keep this in mind when you need encouragement: The actual nicotine addiction only takes 3 days to break. After that, changing your habits can help with the trigger cravings, which will unfortunately ALWAYS be there. My grandmother quit probably 20 years ago, and she still craves an after dinner cigarette, but not so bad it's unmanageable.

(Commenting from my RL account because blogger hates me... good luck figuring out my HP name :P)

Quinn said...

Go Esmie!!!!! I'm rooting for you too

That's a great way to treat yourself, push the money from a bad addiction to a good one :-)